Saturday, November 15, 2008

Baked Sweet Potato Fries

I LOVE Sweet Potato Fries and they are such a healthier alternative to french fries. These are especially healthy as they are BAKED using Olive Oil.  Even if you don't like Sweet Potatoes I believe you will like these!



2 Tablespoons Olive oil
Sweet Potato(s)
Seasonings of your choice



Peel sweet potato with vegetable peeler.

Cut the sweet potato in half and then cut into slices.

Cut each slice into "fries".


Place "fries" in a medium bowl with olive oil and seasonings of your choice.  (I sprinkled mine with Paprika and Garlic Salt.  They are also good with Paprika and Rosemary, or just plain salt and pepper.)



Place on cooking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray or lined with parchment paper.

Bake at 375-400 degrees for approximately 20 - 30 minutes -- turning half way through cooking time.

Remove to serving platter. Serve immediately.


4 comments:

Pug1 said...

Hi Mimi, You're recipes look delish! Michele

Mulchy Mama said...

I've seen these but never tried them...but I've wondered, do you serve them with ketchup or just plain or with something else?
I'll have to try these out...the kiddos love sweet potatoes!

JMBMOMMY said...

These are my FAV!!!!! i make them about once a week!!!!

Faith said...

Oh man, those look so good! They are also really yummy dipped in honey mustard!