Thursday, August 14, 2008

Breakfast Yogurt Parfait


I discovered Uncle Sam cereal while on The South Beach Diet. Prior to this, I had never seen this cereal in the grocery store, although it has been around some 100  years!  It has 10 grams of fiber in a serving, but does not taste like "cardboard" as do so many high fiber cereals, and I have actually grown to really like it.  (It also has flax seeds in it.)

This makes a great little breakfast "on the run" and is really quite filling! (You could substitute your favorite granola or other cereal in the place of Uncle Sam, if you prefer.)


1 container vanilla yogurt
1 cup sliced strawberries,blueberries or mixture
1/2 cup Uncle Sam cereal 


Split container of yogurt between 2 dessert dishes.  


Add 1/2 cup mixed berries to each dish and sprinkle 1/4 cup cereal over top of each dish.


Serves 2 

6 comments:

Heather said...

This blog design is FABULOUS! That daughter of yours is something else!!! Love her and love you! I'll be back for lots of recipes!

Kelly said...

Well - this is great! Love the pictures - you are like Pioneer woman! I'll be checking back for great ideas!!!

Jenny said...

This sounds like a delicious breakfast. I've never heard of Uncle Sam cereal. I'll have to look for it next time I'm at the store!

Jenna said...

I should not have visited this awesome site this late at night because now I am SO HUNGRY.

This recipe blog was such a great idea!!! I can't wait to keep up with what's going on in Mimi's kitchen. Do you make house calls???? :)

Kara said...

Thanks so much for the recipes! Look forward to each new post! We have the same dishes, this is my wedding pattern "Franciscan Apple". I just love it, it is very classic! Have a blessed weekend!
In Christ,
Kara-Prov. 31

Unknown said...

That looks so go I am going to have to try that!